JOB OPENING: COLORADO ORGANIZER, PROGRESSIVE COLORADO
The organizer will carry out the following responsibilities, depending on the time of year and organizational priorities:
- Recruit, train and manage volunteer electoral programs
- Develop and implement programmatic strategy. Develop new issue areas; develop messaging and strategy for new campaigns. Manage existing campaigns with primary focus on internet organizing
- Serve as primary public spokesperson for Progressive Colorado
- Build support via coalitions, grassroots organizing, and media publicity.
- Develop and implement a marketing strategy to effectively promote issue positions and programs, build the public image of the organization and increase visibility.
- Lead fundraising activities: build a robust grassroots membership through innovative on and offline campaigns, identify new funding sources, write grants, build and maintain relationships with foundations and major donors.
Read the full job description and apply online at Work for Progress. Work for Progress connects talented, smart, activist-minded jobseekers with the nation's leading nonprofit organizations and progressive campaigns.